The project team of Columbus State University, 2WR+Partners, and Brasfield & Gorrie was honored at the recent Facilities Officers Conference in Athens with the 2015 "Innovation Award" for the renovation and adaptive re-use of Howard Hall.
The award critieria is described by the Board of Regents as follows:
- A project demonstrating originality and creativity
- Characterized by “outside-the-box-thinking” and ingenuity
- The project clearly accomplishes the goal—but within an innovative manner
- A fresh or inventive approach in the area of Adaptive Re-use
- The recipient exudes excellence and quality work
Shown above is the CSU team accepting the award from USG Chancellor Hank Huckaby: (L-R) Byron Harris, Hank Huckaby, Tom Helton, Mike Medlock, Eric Pittman, and Kelly Wilson.